- Undergraduate: Morehouse College, Atlanta, Georgia
- Medical School: University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Little Rock, Arkansas
- Internship/Residency: Internal Medicine Residency Program, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences
- Fellowship(s): Interventional Cardiology Fellowship Training Program. Cooper Hospital/University Medical Center, Camden, NJ;
Adult Cardiology Fellowship Training Program, Joan C. Edwards School of Medicine, Marshall University, Huntington, WV
- Board Certifications: Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease
- Honors/Achievements: Thelma V. Owen Memorial Clinical Vignette Poster Winner. Joan C. Edwards School of Medicine. Marshall University 20th Annual Research Day – 2007; University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences Class of 1976 Alumni Scholarship – 1999; National Medical Fellowships Scholarship – 1997; Phi Beta Kappa Honors Society; Golden Key Honors Society
- Research: Diabetes Is Associated With Alterations In The Dystrophin Glycoprotein Complex Composition In Heart Muscle. Morris E. Kelley M.D., M. Taimoor Gill, M.D., Marina Flaskas, M.D., Sarath Meduru, Devashish H. Desai, Kevin M. Rice, Paulette S. Wehner, M.D., and Eric R. Blough, Ph.D. Joan C. Edwards School of Medicine, Marshall University;
CURRENT/OASIS 7 Trial: Randomized, multinational, double-blind study, comparing a high loading dose regimen of clopidogrel versus standard dose in patients with unstable angina or myocardial infarction managed with an early invasive strategy. Co-investigator;
A Multicenter, Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Study to Evaluate the Safety and Efficacy of SCH 530348 in Addition to Standard of Care in Subjects With Acute Coronary Syndrome: Thrombin Receptor Antagonist for Clinical Event Reduction in Acute Coronary Syndrome (TRACER). Co-investigator
Eisai 202 - A Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Contolled Study of the Safety and Tolerability of E5555, and its Effects on Clinical Events and Biomarkers in Patients with Non-ST-Segment Elevation Acute Coronary Syndrome. Co-investigator
- Professional Societies/Memberships:
American College of Cardiology – Associate Member; Association of Black Cardiologists; Pulaski County Medical Society; Arkansas Medical Society; Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc.
- Service Locations: North Little Rock, Jacksonville
General, Interventional, Peripheral Vascular, Nuclear Cardiology with interests in noninvasive peripheral vascular imaging and high risk coronary and peripheral vascular interventions.
- Hospital Privileges: Baptist Health Medical Center – Little Rock and North Little Rock; St. Vincent Infirmary Medical Center - Little Rock; St. Vincent Medical Center – North Little Rock; St. Vincent Rehabilitation Hospital - Sherwood; UAMS – Little Rock; Veterans Hospital – Little Rock; Saline Memorial Medical Center – Benton; North Metro Medical Center – Jacksonville.
- Personal: Native of Pine Bluff, AR. Lives in Little Rock with his wife. Has two daughters.