- Undergraduate:University of Oklahoma Health Science Center, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma; B.S.
- Medical School:Oklahoma State University College of Osteopathic Medicine Tulsa, Oklahoma
- Internship/Residency:Baptist Medical Center of New York, New York City, NY,
Georgetown University Medical Center, Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Washington, D.C.
- Fellowship(s): Georgetown University Medical Center - Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center Washington, D.C. 1990- 1991
Georgetown University Medical Center-Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, National Insittutes of Health, Washington, D.C. 1991-1994
Georgetown University Medical Center,Washington, D.C. 1994-1995
- Honors/Achievements: Director Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory, Northside Hospital, St. Petersburg, FL 1998-2000
Vice Chairman-Department of Medicine, Largo Medical Center, Largo, FL 2000-2001
Chairman-Department of Medicine, Largo Medical Center, Largo, FL
- Research: Dr. Colleran has been very active in the numerous research projects throughout his career and his work has been published in the American Journal of Cardiology, Archives of Internal Medicine, Clinical Cardiology, Armerican Heart Journal, Circulation, and the New England Journal of Medicine.
- Professional Societies/Memberships: Arkansas Medical Society, Pulaski County Medical Society, American College of Cardiology (Fellow), American College of Physicians, American Medical Association, American Osteopathic Association, Arkansas Medical Society, Pulaski County Medical Society
- Hospital Privileges: Baptist Health-Little Rock, North Little Rock St. Vincent Health-Little Rock, North Little Rock North Metro Medical Center-Jacksonville UAMS VA